Interested in joining our team? If what you’ve seen on our site has inspired your interest in sustainable chemistry and you’re keen to learn more about the Green Materials Laboratory and what we do, then get in contact!
Exceptional candidates interested in pursuing a PhD in the Shaver group are encouraged to contact Mike to discuss opportunities – either in University of Manchester Centres for Doctoral Training, China Scholarship Council positions, industry-funded doctoral degrees or more academic, challenge-led projects. While we are full for September 2019 entry already, we’ll be looking to fill three PhD positions for September 2020.
We are currently seeking a post-doctorate KTP associate to fill a role working both in our labs and with a leader in glass fibre insulation. See the recent blog post for more details!
We continue to welcome candidates who wish to apply for their own funding. Excellent candidates with a background in polymer science, inorganic chemistry or catalysis should express their interest to Dr. Shaver. If you have already secured you own funding (e.g. goverment sources, charities, research councils) or you would like to apply for your own funding, email Mike directly. Please enclose a CV including a full publication list (including those in preparation or submitted). Assistance is available to build strong applications for:
- Newton International Fellowships
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowships
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships
- Royal Society International Fellowships
- Leverhulme Trust
- Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851
- The Royal Society of Edinburgh
- Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada Fellowships (for Canadian citizens/permanent residents)
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowships (for Japanese citizens/permanent residents)
- Croucher Foundation Fellowships (for Hong Kong citizens/permanent residents)
- Fulbright Awards (for US citizens)
- German Academic Research Foundation (DFG) Fellowships (for German citizens or international researchers who have conducted research in Germany for three years)
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Fellowships (for German researchers)
- Swiss National Science Foundation Early Postdoc Mobility Fellowships (for Swiss citizens/residents or international researchers who have conducted research in Switzerland for three years)
- Swiss National Science Foundation Advanced Postdoc Mobility Fellowships (for candidates with existing postdoctoral experience, who are Swiss citizens/residents or international researchers who have conducted research in Switzerland for three years)
- Swedish Research Council International Postdoc Fellowships (for researchers who hold a Swedish doctorate)
- Academy of Finland Fellowships (for Finnish citizens)
Please contact Mike (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly for more details about potential PhD and PDRA positions, support for postdoctoral funding applications and any other queries.